Seafarers leave their families and homes for six months to a year to live and work aboard seagoing vessels that travel the world. These men and women face many dangers and discomforts in order to provide a better life for their families back home. Many times, these seafarers are the only source of income for their immediate and extended families.
Some of the seafarers who visit Texas Port Ministry come from countries that are closed to the gospel of Christ. We are able to freely share God’s love with these seafarers who often take this information home to their families. God is bringing the ends of the earth to our front door!!
- Providing transportation from the ship to our ministry center and shopping venues.
- Visiting onboard ships and selling phone cards so seafarers can contact their families.
- Providing Bibles and Jesus Film DVDs in various languages.
- Providing books, magazines, and other reading material.Providing Bible study material and other tools of the gospel.
At our ministry center, seafarers have access to:
- Free Internet & WiFi
- Private Phone Rooms
- Blessing Room - Clothes Closet
- Free Reading Material
- Welcome Bags - containing personal care items
- Religious Material - Bibles, Jesus Film DVDs, and gospel tracts in various languages
- Free Recreation - Pool, Table Tennis, TV, Video Games, etc.
- Chapel for prayer and worship
- Prayer Support